17 November 2008

I, too, am a douchebag

For the first time in six years, an NFL game resulted in a tie yesterday. Leave it to the Bengals; the perennially bad, cellar dwellers of the NFL. As though a loss is bad enough, a tie is nothing, indifferent. It's like getting a nice swift kick in the ass; something Mike Brown likes to do to his fans week in and week out, so I guess that's at least fitting.

It's painful to be a Bengals fan. Depressing even. With the Colts and Peyton Manning only 90 miles away, it's very tempting to make the switch to a superior organization. But I am loyal and wouldn't do that to my team. By being a Bengals fan, I've committed to this relationship like I would a marriage. The whole "til death do we part... in good times and in bad... in sickness and in health" mantra applies. Sometimes it's rough, there are better days than others, and there's going to be temptation to stray, but I've made a commitment.

Because of this, I too, am a douchebag.

No comments: