24 November 2008

Hip-Hop is ALIVE

For the longest time I was under the impression that Kanye West's new album, "808s & Heartbreak", was being released Tuesday, 11/25, which would be tomorrow. Yesterday I was perusing the aisles at Target and was very surprised to see the CD was available on their shelves. For $9.98. Perfect. You already know I snatched that right up, and for the first time ever, I had a Kanye CD before my brother. (He was not happy about not being in-the-know about the CDs availability.)

I really love his new sound. For a mainstream hip-hop artist, leave it to Mr. West to revolutionize his work once again. Instead of using a familiar sound and style to appease his audience, Kanye takes it upon himself to reinvent his style, implementing electro beats and synthesizers, with slower tempos, choosing to sing rather than rap. This CD is refreshing and brilliant; just like Mr. West himself.

Kanye West's 808s & Heartbreak Album Cover
Songs that I love so far from the album:
3. Heartless
4. Amazing (feat. Young Jeezy)
5. Love Lockdown
6. Paranoid (feat. Mr. Hudson) - this especially!
8. Street Lights


No comments: