16 November 2008

Collecting the Classics

I had an epiphany today.

When my pseudo-niece, Jersey (age 6), and I wanted to watch a movie this morning, we decided to watch "Monsters, Inc" (again) because I don't own any other animated films. Blasphemy!


So, thanks to all that is holy, that's where Amazon.com comes into play. If you don't frequent that site, I highly suggest that you start doing so. I've probably gotten about half of my DVD collection through Amazon, so I decided to start collecting animations and Disney films. It's even nice because some of these are back in the Disney vault and are not available for purchase in stores; talk about convenience! Here are the four DVDs that will soon be gracing my shelves:

Aladdin, 1992
One of the greatest Disney films of all time. They just don't make movies like this any more.

The Brave Little Toaster, 1987
The Brave Little Toaster will always hold a special place in my heart. I suppose any movie with Blanky as a character will always have a place in my heart.

Cinderella, 1950
Cinderella is my favorite Disney classic. I cannot wait to be able to watch it whenever I want!

The Lion King, 1994
I remember all the hype surrounding its release. It is the Disney film of my generation.

101 Dalmations, Pocahontas, Little Mermaid and Toy Story are next on the Disney purchase list. It's not often I watch animated films, but now I will be able to revisit my youth, while collecting the classics.

No comments: