03 October 2008

I Even Wore My BG Sweatshirt for the Occasion

I'm heading to my good ol' alma mater today after work and, contrary to most, I actually enjoy the beautiful 171 mile trek up I-75 to Paradise City. I would guestimate that about two dozen of my good friends from BG will be making the trip back for Homecoming, and I'm expecting nothing less than the best time ever. No, but in all seriousness, it should be awesome.

I've been feeling super nostalgic about Bowling Green and making my return, so I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone, every thing, and eating all of the delicious foods that town has to offer (Easystreet & Corner Grill especially). It's a sad story to not be a student at BGSU anymore, and I've actually dabbled with the idea of going to grad school to simply live the dream a little bit longer, but being in as deep of debt as I am, that's just not feasible.

I already know a few things have changed (no more Brewster's, my former favorite BG bar) aside from the fact that I don't have many friends that still attend and/or live in BG (side note: you know you're old when you have to stay at the Best Western when you go back for homecoming), but I'm looking forward to seeing what my descendents are doing to upkeep the awesomeness of BG.

So here's to BG reunions, eleven bars in two blocks, and $2.75 captains and diet. I can't fucking wait.

Cheers

No comments: