04 September 2008

Rock the Vote

Politics isn't something I'm willing to openly discuss unless there is an open-minded, unbiased, level-headed, non-argumentative conversation occurring (which happens so very rarely). Sure we all love a little debate, but at this point I don't really think it gets us anywhere. Many people are set in their ways and beliefs to really accept other peoples' opinions. I think everyone's entitled to their opinion, and I love nothing more than a good conversation where I learn something from speaking to someone else. I feel as though I will never know enough about politics, but all I can do is continue educating myself and keep an open mind.

That being said, I encourage all of you to educate yourselves on our Presidential and Vice-presidential candidates, their platforms, and to exercise your right -as American citizens- to vote! I don't care who for, so long as you register to vote (if you haven't already) and do so! This election is very important, and after November 2nd, we will either have our first African-American president, or first female Vice-president. Would you like to be able to tell future generations that you took part in history?

Take five minutes of your time to register at www.rockthevote.org - you have up to 30 days prior to November 2nd to register!

No comments: