03 September 2008

Adventures in Dollyhood

I hope this inaugural blog entry reaches you all well, and I also hope I actually stick with updates. I will say that I don't plan on keeping the content about any one subject in particular, but would like to discuss design/art and entertainment/pop culture. I digress...

It is sad to see Labor Day Weekend come and go so quickly, and it is even more difficult to fathom that we are already in the ninth month of 2008. I was fortunate enough to spend the extended holiday weekend holed up with some girlfriends from high school in a Smoky Mountain chalet; one that appropriately holds the moniker, 'The Love Shack.' I suppose that, in all actuality, that is pretty disgusting given all the 'honeymooning' that goes on there.


On Saturday night, somewhere in between playing Uno, having cocktails, and raging out (responsibly) to either Grand Ole Party or the rap mix we unanimously made our soundtrack for the trip (I can confirm with this piece of information alone that we made it back to our Finneytown roots), I received a picture message from my boss for whom I've recently done a lot of design work.

There it was: Berry Probiotics, nestled proudly on the shelf at Publix. I may have a bit of a bias, and it helps that the names of its neighboring products carry negative connotation, but Berry Probiotics looks great! After months of packaging and label design for five different Natures Dynamics products, I feel a great sense of accomplishment as well as relief, for we can finally see the completed product on the shelves of over 900 Publix stores. Now it's only a matter of a couple of weeks -we hope- until the rest of the supplements grace the shelves at Publix as well.

It's kind of disappointing that I don't have a Publix store readily available within any reasonable driving distance, but the picture is proof enough for me until I either a) get to a Publix store sometime in the near future, or b) the products start being shelved and sold in additional stores in the U.S. (ie. Target and Whole Foods) as previously discussed. It's nice to know that Natures Dynamics is a very stable freelance project and relationship for me, and I look forward to see where its success goes from here. There are already some potentially mega projects coming up, but I will keep you updated on those as the deals solidify. (I don't want to jinx anyone!)

No comments: