08 September 2008

Boo the Clowns

When I went to college at Bowling Green State University, it was in a region full of Browns fans. I got thoroughly annoyed with their obnoxious behavior and loud, idiotic barks (I guess they need something dumb and catchy for a team who never had a mascot, so I'll let it slide I guess), but most importantly, I got sick of their never-ending need to rectify their misery by hating on Bengals fans. Maybe that's because we have beaten them 5 out of our last 6 meetings and their first-time-over-.500-season since being axed from the league suddenly gave them a sense of empowerment (they still didn't make the playoffs, so eff 'em). I respect their enthusiasm year in and year out despite the fact that their team has been crap all but one year since re-joining the NFL, but when it came to showing up on Sunday, neither the team did, nor did their "die hard" fans. What I love most is that the Browns fans (the same fans who claim that all Bengals fans jump on the bandwagon, are consistently disloyal, and are fairweather) exchanged their barks for boos when they got twamped by the Cowboys in Cleveland yesterday.

I love it.

Now you know what it feels like to actually go into a season with high expectations and the pressure to succeed.

No comments: