22 September 2008

Delay of Game

I've been to New York and back since my last post, as well as without power for 54 hours after suffering last week's tropical storm. We're landlocked here in Cincinnati -save for our beautiful Ohio River- and we were fortunate enough to have experienced our first hurricane-like storm. A tropical storm and an earthquake for Cincinnatians within the past year? The world's coming to an end. Here's a photo of an uprooted tree that fell and damaged the back of my uncle's house and his deck:
My family and I made the trip up to New York to see the Yankees play Tampa Bay during their Final Season in The House That Ruth Built. It poured the entire day. My dad and I enjoyed some beer and the scenery of the field from our our covered seats, and about 100 minutes and $80 later, the game was ultimately postponed. Disappointed? Very, but mother nature (as previously noted) has her own way of doing things. At least I got some pictures of the new stadium as well as the old:
To keep with the sports theme I've obviously started, I would like to point out three things about the Bengals, all Mike Brown and coaching staff complaints aside:
1) Our O- and D-lines need to step their game up
2) We really need to stop running on 1st and 2nd down only to end up on 3rd and long, especially when our passing game is being effective
3) We must get rid of Levi Jones

On a lighter note, the Bengals finally looked like a team yesterday. Aside from Carson being sacked seven times in a disappointing 26-23 overtime loss, if we at least play the way we did against the defending Super Bowl champions, we can have a respectable rest of the season.

No comments: