08 January 2009

Top 10 Movie Posters of 2008

Inspired by Yahoo!'s list of the Best and Worst Movie Posters of 2008, I set out to create a list of my own, using many of the same that they chose for their's, but a few after looking at IMP Awards 2008 Movie Poster Gallery. Because I can and because it's what I do, I've even turned this into a Top 10. Go fig.

As a graphic designer (and one-time-movie-poster-designer), it is perhaps my duty to critique movie posters and their effectiveness. I really enjoy seeing beautifully designed one-sheets, however the terrible ones are pretty hilarious in their own right and deserve some kind of recognition as well. Hell, I guess that's what the entertainment industry is there for: to entertain. Thanks to Yahoo!'s list of the Best and Worst Movie Posters of 2008, I've chosen some that are so incredible that they leave me wanting to stare and analyze for longer than necessary. And some that are so awesomely bad that I cannot resist mentioning.

Onward to the list!
The Air I Breathe

Burn After Reading


The Cool School


The Dark Knight


The Family That Preys


Funny Games


Man on Wire

The Spirit

Taxi to the Dark Side

Valkyrie

No comments: