19 December 2008

Sunny and 62 in beautiful Cincinnati!

On Tuesday it took me an hour and a half to get home from a place that usually only takes fifteen minutes (Blue Ash Road to my house in Finneytown for those who are familiar). Why? Because we got a little less than an inch of snow dumped on us in less than thirty minutes and -of course- everyone freaked out. Sure, the roads were kind of bad, but let's get real party people, way too many folks go overboard and get way too carried away thinking the slightest bit of accumulation is going to snowball (puns are amazing) into "WHITE DEATH 2008!" I digress.

Let's get to the point:
Snow is currently still on the ground in Vegas and the current temperature in SoCal is 56ยบ. It is warmer here than both of those places. A couple of friends of mine moved from Central Ohio to Vegas a few years ago, so they are clearly accustomed to snow. I'll share with you our conversation, which I found quite hilarious:

me: haha, snow in vegas and it's 62 degrees in cincinnati today!
him: screw you it is still here
me: crazy!
him: your telling me they closed the schools yesterday, carrie got a snow day
me: that's awesome ... were people freaking out? i mean, obvi you guys are used to it...
him: of course they stopped playing normal shows and ran a news special all night.
i was pissed. i missed my heroes and top chef
me: people just get way too carried away
him: i was doing like 50 on the highway, and people were looking at me like i was the anti-christ while they went like 25
me: hahahahahahahahaha



In case you are geographically disabled, I have highlighted where Cincinnati is on the map. Check out the numbers at the North of the state (that's only about a 3+ hour drive). Man, it must suck to be from Cleveland!

No comments: