09 December 2008

The silver lining in fulfilling my childhood dream

When I was younger I was obsessed with tornadoes. It was a sick obsession and it was all I thought about throughout my grade school years. I recorded (on VHS of course, pausing during commercials to have a commercial-free recording) many education programs and documentaries, as well as the great films such as Twister and Night of the Twisters (Devin Sawa=heaven). When I was about in sixth or seventh grade, a few of my friends teamed up with my brother's friend and hid my copy of Twister from me. I guess they got annoyed that, every time I had a sleepover, we had to watch Twister. It was my childhood dream to be a Meteorologist and Storm Chaser, and because I was so knowledgeable on the subject, I even got to teach the Meteorology section to my freshman Earth Science class.

I still try to catch as many National Geographic Channel Presents and Weather Channel specials regarding the phenomenon, but clearly I have chosen a completely different career path.

As I was watching a NatGeo Presents special about tornadoes this morning, image my elation upon learning about Silver Lining Tours. I will be going as soon as I save up the funds; probably within the next five years. Seriously. I can't wait!

No comments: